One major thing that all podcasters should be doing, but many aren’t, is to transcribe podcasts. While the text version of your recorded audio show may not seem like the most necessary plan-of-action, there are a ton of benefits that are often over-looked. For instance, podcast transcripts lead to:
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) and podcast traffic
- Better accessibility (especially for those with hearing disabilities)
- More simple ways to share, be quoted and get credited by outside sources
This American Life tested out publishing audio transcripts of their podcast archive just to see how the transcripts affected things. Among other interesting findings, they saw that 7.23% of all unique visitors viewed at least one transcript on the site, and that new inbound traffic from search increased by 6.68% (directly attributable to the transcript pages).
What does this mean for other podcasters out there? Get transcripts, and get them now!
How to Get Transcripts of Your Podcasts:
Our affordable transcription services are ideal for podcasters who want to improve their search rankings and downloads. With a mix of advanced speech technology and expert human transcribers, your transcribed podcasts are always produced at the highest quality, and formatted to perfection.
2. Upload your podcast audio file by clicking the “Select files from my computer” button and choosing the file you wish to submit — you’ll see a real-time upload status to see where your file is during the process.
3. Once the file is uploaded, order your transcript by clicking Transcribe. This will take you to the Order Details page, showing you the total price and details that can be edited.
4. After verifying payment and other details, and confirming your order, you’ll receive your finished podcast transcripts within the time specified.